So, I’ve been plugging away at Slay the Beast and posting builds on IndieDB. It’s… pretty cool actually. I admit that I was a bit cautious going into the whole “open development” thing, but posting regular builds to IndieDB has been really enlightening and encouraged me to ferret out many bugs that I might otherwise have let fester. So, yay that!
In other, highly-related, news, I’ve release version 0.0.9 of Slay the Beast for your consumption.
Since the last build I have:
- Fixed characters not flashing red on fatal blow
- Knight will now fall in different directions depending on direction of fatal blow
- Added blue glow at base of flame attacks
- Added particle effects to fireball and slash impacts
- Fixed race-condition crash going from menu to in-game
- Archdemon can now turn-around by pressing RB (Right Bumper) / P on Keyboard
- Fixed some garbage collection issues
- Added particle effects on Knight and Archdemon death
- Fixed Knight knockback logic to be framerate independent
- Fireballs that land outside arena no longer spawn flames inside the arena
- Added shadow under fireballs
- Added breakable candles that release power-ups that can be used by heroes